To assist you in developing our players, the LYSA/CSC Director of Player Development created the following packets to assist you.
Director of Player Development contact information
Characteristics of the player in each respective age group
LYSA Rules: Modified Laws of the Game
Soccer Player Bill of Rights
Links to training session plans and examples
LYSA age group specific Commissioner contact information
U5/U6 packet (link)
U7/U8 packet (link)
U9/U10 packet (link)
U11/U12 packet (link)
The US Youth Soccer Coaching Department has introduced its latest coaching resources with three age-specific practice activity guides. The three guides - for the U6-U8, U-10, and U-12 age groups - give coaches an idea of what should be covered throughout a season while highlighting activities that focus on development in a low-stress, fun-filled environment.
Each resource covers multiple types of practice activities, from warm-ups and individual training to small-sided and group games. The exercises are tailored to meet the cognitive and physical characteristics of each age group.
US Youth Soccer U6-U8 Practice Activities
- Provides a list of varying characteristics of Under-6 and Under-8 players in regards to sports.
- How to play Small-Sided Games with "large" rosters.
- Activities focus on individual soccer skills that build on one another.
US Youth Soccer U6-U8 Practice Activities (.pdf)
US Youth Soccer Under-10 Practice Activities
- Provides a list of characteristics of Under-10 players.
- Advice on how to connect with the youth athlete.
- Information on inserting tactics into training.
- Activities geared toward development and decision-making.
US Youth Soccer Coaches Connection Training Activities (Link)
NSCAA Coaching Fundamentals: Resources for Volunteer & Novice Coaches (Link)
If you are (or know) a volunteer or novice coach, refer to the "Coaching Fundamentals" page on NSCAA.com. This page of information was designed to introduce volunteer and youth coaches to the basics of coaching soccer. Areas include:
- Laws of the Game
- Managing a Coaching Session
- Basic Skills: Receiving, Passing, and Shooting
- Basic Skills: Heading and Tackling
- Introduction to Soccer Tactics
- A Dynamic Teaching Model
Louisiana Soccer Association Upcoming Coaching Courses:
USSF State 'E' License Courses
December 5-7,2014 - LYSA/CSC (Lafayette Youth Soccer Office and Moore Park Soccer Complex, Lafayette, LA)
USSF State 'D' License Courses
February 20-22, 2015 and June 5-7, 2015 (both weekends required) - LYSA Office and Moore Park Soccer Complex, Lafayette, LA Instructors: Aaron Cline & Mark Godwin
Visit the LSA website to register for courses: http://www.playlouisianasoccer.org/coaches/course_schedule/