To assist you in developing our players, the LYSA/CSC Director of Player Development created the following packets to assist you.
Director of Player Development contact information
Characteristics of the player in each respective age group
LYSA Rules: Modified Laws of the Game
Soccer Player Bill of Rights
Links to training session plans and examples
LYSA age group specific Commissioner contact information
U5/U6 packet (link)
U7/U8 packet (link)
U9/U10 packet (link)
U11/U12 packet (link)
The US Youth Soccer Coaching Department has introduced its latest coaching resources with three age-specific practice activity guides. The three guides - for the U6-U8, U-10, and U-12 age groups - give coaches an idea of what should be covered throughout a season while highlighting activities that focus on development in a low-stress, fun-filled environment.
Each resource covers multiple types of practice activities, from warm-ups and individual training to small-sided and group games. The exercises are tailored to meet the cognitive and physical characteristics of each age group.
US Youth Soccer U6-U8 Practice Activities
- Provides a list of varying characteristics of Under-6 and Under-8 players in regards to sports.
- How to play Small-Sided Games with "large" rosters.
- Activities focus on individual soccer skills that build on one another.
US Youth Soccer U6-U8 Practice Activities (.pdf)
US Youth Soccer Under-10 Practice Activities
- Provides a list of characteristics of Under-10 players.
- Advice on how to connect with the youth athlete.
- Information on inserting tactics into training.
- Activities geared toward development and decision-making.