An Unofficial Visit is a visit to a college campus at a prospect's expense. Colleges may only provide free tickets to an on-campus athletics event. No lodging, meals, or transportation to campus may be provided.
- Allowed unlimited unofficial visits
- You can mae up to five (5) Official, expense-paid visits to college campuses.
- Visits to the campus cannot be longer than 48 hours in duration.
- Not allowed to have an official visit until after your first day of classes of your senior year.
- Permissable for you to receive three (3) tickets to a college sporting event.
Unofficial Visit Checklist:
- Establish what the academic & athletic requirements are for admission to the school.
- Find out what academic support the athletic department provides
- Find out about the history of the program, how well the program is doing in competition & the coaches recruiting philosophy & plan.
- Find out what is the expected commitment during the offseason.
- Explore the living arrangement & learn about the housing situation for the current members of the team.
- Find an opportunity to meet the current athletes.
- Tour the training facilities (practice field, game field, weight room, training room, etc.)
- Tour the campus.
On an Official Visit the NCAA allows a school to pay for lodging, transporation, meals, & entertainment. That includes airfare, rental car, & three (3) meals per day.
To take an official visit in Division I or Division II a prospect needs to do the following:
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Be added to the school's institutional request list at the NCAA Eliginility Center
- Provide the school with an academic transcript, and
- Provide the school with a standardized test score
Official Visit To Do List
- Eat at the cafeteria on campus
- See the on & off campus housing
- Visit the library
- Learn about the team Study Hall rules & regulations
- Meet the training staff
- Schedule time to meet with an academic advisor
- Hang out on campus
- Talk with student-athletes from other teams
- Spend time with the team members
- Watch the team play if during season. If in the off-season, attend another sporting event on campus